Savannah United Recreational Soccer program is designed to create a fun filled, organized playing environment for players of all skill levels with ALL volunteer coaches. It is a place for players to be able to play with friends while experiencing the joys of playing in this beautiful game. No Try-Outs are required! Here is an overview of the steps involved each season:
- If you have not already, we recommend that you start with creating your free Savannah United account. Simply click on LOG IN at the top right of our web page. This will allow to create your family account and add as many players as you want.
- Next you can begin registration. The great thing about having a Savannah United account is that all the Programs available to you will be shown in your family account based on your player(s) age.
- During the registration process you will be asked if you would like to volunteer as either a Head coach or an Assistant Coach. Our Recreation program is an all-volunteer coached program. All our volunteer coaches complete a background check and required SafeSport screening. Volunteering as a Coach is a fantastic way to spend time with and make a positive difference in the player’s lives.
- Once you register for a program, you will be able to easily order your Savannah United uniform kit for your player(s). ALL players MUST wear the approved, current uniform kit to compete in our Recreational program. The uniform kits are good for four (4) seasons (current uniform kit: 2023 spring/fall and 2024 spring/fall). These uniforms are provided by Lloyd’s Soccer and shipped directly to your home. Your confirmation email will provide you with the link to order your uniform online or see below for the links.
- During the registration process, our directors are working on putting the teams together. The team formations are based on practice day and location. All requests are considered on a first come, first serve basis. Teammate/Coach requests are always considered, but not guaranteed.
- Approximately 1-2 weeks before practice may begin (typically 2 weeks before the games start) our volunteer coaches will begin reaching out to their players and you will receive a team roster email. For Fall Recreation program you will typically hear from your coach in mid-late August and for the Spring Recreation program you will typically hear from your coach in mid-late February. These date time frames are always posted on the Registration page. If you don’t hear from your coach by those dates, please reach out to us at V.Asterman@SavannahUnited.com
- Practices (training) typically begins 2 weeks prior to the Season Start date. This is the date that games will begin.
- Game schedules are released 1 to 2 weeks prior to the Season Start date. Your Coach will share the schedule with you, and it will also be available on your Team page
As always, if you have any questions as all, please reach out to us at V.Asterman@SavannahUnited.com
Recreational Program Divisions:
||3 v 3 No GK
||Min 5 – Max 7
||5 v 5 (4 + GK)
||Min 7 – Max 10
||7 v 7 (6 + GK)
||Min 10 – Max 12
||9 v 9 (8 + GK)
||Min 12 – Max 14
||9 v 9 (8 + GK) OR 11v11 (10 + GK)
||Min 12 – Max 16
**Recommended Age Groups for 2023-2024 Seasonal Year**
Frequently Asked Questions
Rules of Play
Age Group Chart
The Savannah United Recreational Program is a fun filled soccer program for ALL players, Boys and Girls from 4-14 years of age. The Savannah United Recreational Program is primarily devoted to the enjoyment of youth soccer players. The purpose of recreational soccer is to provide an opportunity for the participants to have fun, learn the sport, develop life skills and discover a love for the game. Prior soccer experience is not required and there is no tryout. We encourage players that are NEW to the game to come on out and have some fun.
Our Recreational Program runs 8-10 weeks. Practices take place once a week and games are every Saturday (each team will have at 7-8 games per season). All teams are coached by a volunteer coach.
Please CLICK HERE for answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Upcoming Important Dates for 2023 SPRING Recreational Season:
DEADLINE TO ORDER NEW UNIFORM KIT: FEBRUARY 20, 2023 (Any orders after this date may not arrive in time for the first game and may be subject to expedited shipping charges) *SEE BELOW FOR ORDERING INFORMATION
PRACTICE: FEBRUARY 20, 2023, teams MAY* begin practicing this week (*ONLY if rosters are finalized and coaches assigned)
LATE FEE: FEBRUARY 20, 2023, a $10 late fee will be added to all registrations
REGISTRATION CLOSED: MARCH 3, 2023 (date subject to change based on roster availability)
GAMES BEGIN: MARCH 11, 2023
NO GAMES: MARCH 18TH AND APRIL 8TH
LAST GAME: MAY 13, 2023 (Play-Offs for U10 & U12 divisions)
NEW UNIFORM KITS:
Starting this season we have partnered with Lloyd’s Soccer to provide all our club uniforms and merchandise! ALL uniforms will purchased online from Lloyd’s Soccer and shipped directly to your home.
We have new uniform kits for the 2023 spring season. ALL PLAYERS MUST PURCHASE THE NEW UNIFORM KIT FOR THE 2023 SPRING SEASON. Players can NOT wear past season uniforms and will NOT be allowed to play in the games if they do not have the new uniform kit. Our uniforms kits are good for four (4) seasons (2023 spring/fall and 2024 spring/fall). Cleats and shin guards are not included but are REQUIRED.
DEADLINE to order new uniform kit in time for the first game is MONDAY, FEBRUARY 20TH!
UNIFORM LINK FOR U6 AND U8 DIVISIONS (Birth Years 2015-2018) – $78 plus $9.99 shipping/handling :
UNIFORM LINK FOR U10-U14/15 DIVISIONS (Birth Years 2008-2014) – $98 plus $9.99 shipping/handling:
For additional information or questions regarding our recreational program, please contact our Recreational Coordinator, Vanessa Asterman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SIGNUP FOR 2023 SPRING RECREATION SMS Text Updates:
To receive text alerts for field closures, game cancellations, and other Savannah United program updates please text the keyword: 2023SpringRecSports4487 to 334-310-2497.