Savannah United Recreational Soccer program is designed to create a fun filled, organized playing environment for players of all skill levels with ALL volunteer coaches. It is a place for players to be able to play with friends while experiencing the joys of playing in this beautiful game. No Try-Outs are required! Here is an overview of the steps involved each season:
- If you have not already, we recommend that you start with creating your free Savannah United account. Simply click on LOG IN at the top right of our web page. This will allow to create your family account and add as many players as you want.
- Next you can begin registration. The great thing about having a Savannah United account is that all the Programs available to you will be shown in your family account based on your player(s) age.
- During the registration process you will be asked if you would like to volunteer as either a Head coach or an Assistant Coach. Our Recreation program is an all-volunteer coached program. All our volunteer coaches complete a background check and required SafeSport screening. Volunteering as a Coach is a fantastic way to spend time with and make a positive difference in the player’s lives.
- Once you register for a program, you will be able to easily order your Savannah United uniform kit for your player(s). ALL players MUST wear the approved, current uniform kit to compete in our Recreational program. The uniform kits are good for four (4) seasons (current uniform kit: 2021 spring/fall and 2022 spring/fall). These uniforms are provided through Specialty Sports. Your confirmation email will provide you with the link to order your uniform online or you can Click Here. When ordering you will only need to select the size (uniform kit colors are already established). On the check out page in the Team/Age Group of Player please enter Recreational Program.
- During the registration process, our directors are working on putting the teams together. The team formations are based on practice day and location. All requests are considered on a first come, first serve basis. Teammate/Coach requests are always considered, but not guaranteed.
- Approximately 1-2 weeks before practice may begin (typically 2 weeks before the games start) our volunteer coaches will begin reaching out to their players and you will receive a team roster email. For Fall Recreation program you will typically hear from your coach in mid-late August and for the Spring Recreation program you will typically hear from your coach in mid-late February. These date time frames are always posted on the Registration page. If you don’t hear from your coach by those dates, please reach out to us at V.Asterman@SavannahUnited.com
- Practices (training) typically begins 2 weeks prior to the Season Start date. This is the date that games will begin.
- Game schedules are released 1 to 2 weeks prior to the Season Start date. Your Coach will share the schedule with you, and it will also be available on your Team page
As always, if you have any questions as all, please reach out to us at V.Asterman@SavannahUnited.com
Recreational Program Divisions:
||3 v 3 No GK
||Min 5 – Max 7
||5 v 5 (4 + GK)
||Min 7 – Max 10
||7 v 7 (6 + GK)
||Min 10 – Max 12
||9 v 9 (8 + GK)
||Min 12 – Max 14
||9 v 9 (8 + GK)
||Min 12 – Max 16
||9 v 9 (8 + GK)
||Min 12 – Max 16
**Recommended Age Groups for 2022-2023 Seasonal Year**
Frequently Asked Questions
Rules of Play
Age Group Chart
The Savannah United Recreational Program is a fun filled soccer program for ALL players, Boys and Girls from 4-14 years of age. The Savannah United Recreational Program is primarily devoted to the enjoyment of youth soccer players. The purpose of recreational soccer is to provide an opportunity for the participants to have fun, learn the sport, develop life skills and discover a love for the game. Prior soccer experience is not required and there is no tryout. We encourage players that are NEW to the game to come on out and have some fun.
Our Recreational Program runs 8-10 weeks. Practices take place once a week and games are every Saturday (each team will have at 7-8 games per season). All teams are coached by a volunteer coach.
Please CLICK HERE for answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
Upcoming Important Dates for 2022 FALL Recreational Season:
REGISTRATION OPENS: MAY 1, 2022
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: MAY 31, 2022, register by to receive $15 off your registration fee
PRACTICE: AUGUST 22, 2022, teams MAY begin practicing this week if a volunteer coach is assigned and roster has been finalized
LATE FEE: AUGUST 26, 2022, a $10 late fee will be added to all registrations
REGISTRATION CLOSED: SEPTEMBER 2, 2022 (date subject to change based on roster availability)
GAMES BEGIN: SEPTEMBER 10TH
NO GAMES OCTOBER 8TH
LAST GAME: NOVEMBER 5TH (Play-Offs for U10 & U12 divisions)
For additional information or questions regarding our recreational program, please contact our Recreational Coordinator, Vanessa Asterman at email@example.com.
SIGNUP FOR 2022 SPRING RECREATION SMS Text Updates:
To receive text alerts for field closures, game cancellations, and other Savannah United program updates please text the keyword: 2022FALLREC4487 to 334-310-2497.